What will Student Life Conference be like?
It will be an incredible journey of worship in God’s Word, in song, and other creative outlets to live the life of service Jesus has called us to.
Is there a Bible study I can use with my group during the Conference?
Yes! Many youth groups use this experience as their Disciple Now weekend. We will have four Bible Study companion lessons available for use during the weekend, as well as pre- and post-event studies.
What do I need to do about lodging for our group?
You will need to take care of your own lodging reservations. We will have a list of suggested hotels and special pricing for people attending our conference on our website in plenty of time for you to make your plans.
What does the ticket cost include?
Tickets to the Conference will include all programming Friday and Saturday, time in the lobby to learn more about our conference partnerships, and Bible study materials to use before, during and after the Conference.
How many adults should I bring with my group?
We request one adult for every seven students.
What will adult leaders do at the Conference?
Your adult leaders will be able to help supervise your group and teach the Bible study if you choose to use it.
What are the Student Life Conference Ministry Partnerships?
Collaboration is a beautiful word, especially when it comes to ministry. As we prayed about offering the Student Life conferences again as a resource to churches we wanted to link up with some friends in what we hope is great Kingdom impact. Having ministry partners is not about creating commercials, but it is about bringing people with various skills to the planning, praying and leading table. We are thrilled to have some great partners that we believe in. While we will all be visible, our goal is for Jesus to be the one that is ultimately seen in all we do.
Will there be free time to do take our group on an excursion in the city?
We want to maximize your time while at the Conference, but feel free to use any time before or after our scheduled events to see the city you have traveled to.
With which denomination is Student Life affiliated?
Student Life is an inter-denominational ministry serving the local church. We are not affiliated with one particular denomination. Feel free to contact us if you would like a list of church references.
What does Student Life believe?
We believe that God's Word is relevant and instructive for the challenges students face today. From all that is said in the Bible about God, we have drawn Eight Essential Truths.
- GOD IS - The only one true and living God exists. He is the Creator of the universe, eternally existing in three Persons-the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit-each equally deserving of humanity's worship and obedience. He is infinite and perfect in all His attributes.
- THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD - The Bible is God's written revelation to people, divinely given through human authors who were inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is entirely true. The Bible is totally sufficient and completely authoritative for matters of life and faith. The goal of God's Word is the restoration of humanity into His image.
- PEOPLE ARE GOD'S TREASURE - God created people in His image for His glory. They are the crowning work of His creation. Yet every person has willfully disobeyed God-an act known as sin-thus inheriting both physical and spiritual death and the need for salvation. All human beings are born with a sin nature and into an environment inclined toward sin. Only by the grace of God through Jesus Christ can they experience salvation.
- JESUS IS GOD AND SAVIOR - Jesus is both fully God and fully human. He is Christ, the Son of God. Born of a virgin, He lived a sinless life and performed many miracles. He died on the cross to provide people forgiveness of sin and eternal salvation. Jesus rose from the dead, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will return in power and glory.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD AND EMPOWERER - The Holy Spirit is supernatural and sovereign, baptizing all believers into the Body of Christ. He lives within all Christians beginning at the moment of salvation and then empowers them for bold witness and effective service as they yield to Him. The Holy Spirit convicts individuals of sin, uses God's Word to mature believers into Christ likeness, and secures them until Christ returns.
- SALVATION IS BY FAITH ALONE - All human beings are born with a sin nature, separated from God, and in need of a Savior. That salvation comes only through a faith relationship with Jesus Christ, the Savior, as a person repents of sin and receives Christ's forgiveness and eternal life. Salvation is instantaneous and accomplished solely by the power of the Holy Spirit through the Word of God. This salvation is wholly of God by grace on the basis of the shed blood of Jesus Christ and not on the basis of human works. All the redeemed are secure in Christ forever.
- THE CHURCH IS GOD'S PLAN - The Holy Spirit immediately places all people who put their faith in Jesus Christ into one united spiritual body, the Church, of which Christ is the head. The primary expression of the Church on earth is in autonomous local congregations of baptized believers. The purpose of the Church is to glorify God by taking the gospel to the entire world and by building its members in Christ likeness through the instruction of God's Word, fellowship, service, worship, and prayer.
- THE FUTURE IS IN GOD'S HANDS - God is actively involved in our lives and our future. Through His prophets, God announced His plans for the future redemption of His people through the life, death, and resurrection of His Son. With the call of the disciples, God prepared the way for the future of His Church. In scripture, God promised that Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly in glory to the earth to resurrect and judge the saved and unsaved. As the all-knowing and all-powerful Creator and Judge, God can and should be trusted today, and with our future.
What are the goals of Student Life events?
We have numerous goals for our events, but ultimately, our goals involve life change happening in students, adults and us. In Scripture, every time someone spent time with Jesus, he or she went away changed. We hope each person leaves this experience changed. Not because of technical effects, entertaining dramas, challenging recreation or even meeting new people, but because we have been with Jesus.