SQUADS. CRAZY. COMPETE. Come ready to get crazy while competing for your Squad and growing closer to your group. Rec Camp is all about helping students connect with each other. We hope these team-building moments create intentional discipleship opportunities within your Life Group.Watch the Video
|4:15||Life Group Leader Meeting|
|6:45||Life Group Bible Study|
|7:00||Student Pastor Gathering|
|9:30||Church Group Gathering|
|7:00-8:30||Breakfast & Quiet Time|
|8:15||Life Group Leader Meeting|
|10:15||Recreation / Life Group Bible Study|
|1:00||Recreation / Life Group Bible Study|
|3:00||Free Time Options: Track 1|
|4:00||Free Time Options: Track 2|
|6:45||Student Pastor Gathering|
|9:15||Church Group Gathering|
|7:00-8:30||Breakfast & Quiet Time|
Frequently Asked Questions
Student Life Camp is a Christ-centered camp for 7th-12th graders. It includes engaging worship from experienced worship leaders, learning through sound biblical teaching and Bible study, community in Life Groups, and fun in recreation! It's a week of focused learning, heartfelt praise, games, dramas, community building, teamwork, and most importantly, God's Word on center stage.
We designed Rec Camp to support the men and women who are called to lead teenagers every week. Rec Camp is just one week of the spiritual journey. We believe in the relationships built in the local church, and we strive to partner with the local church.
It goes back to the philosophy of supporting the local church. We believe it's important for adults from the local church to be involved in what happens at camp. After all, they go home with the students. Their leadership during camp builds friendships, accountability and connections that travel on the ride home with the students. We also believe that in order for a small group to work, it needs to be small. We believe the ideal size for a Bible study group is 8-10. This size facilitates good discussion and allows students to feel comfortable.
At Rec Camp, you will need to stay on campus during free time throughout the week. Most campuses have free time options that include a pool, basketball courts, volleyball courts and a snack bar as well as other location specific options. Check with the individual location for available free time options.
If your group has off campus housing, you can attend Rec Camp for a program-only fee, which includes all aspects of a daily camp schedule except for meals and housing. If you would like meal arrangements to be made, you can contact us. We will work with you to get that package together based on the location.
The main difference is how groups spend their late morning and early afternoon time. At Mission Camp, we will assign your church to a work site for the day. After Rise, Student Life will walk through some evangelism training with your group to prepare you for your work site. Possible assignments could include repairing homes or teaching Bible stories to children. At Rec Camp, students will participate in recreation, lunch and Life Group Bible Study all on campus
Of course! You are free to separate your middle and high school this way, or you can allow students to choose the experience that most excites them. We will work with you to meet your group's needs. Each group would need a different main contact person, however, and your groups would be listed under two separate registrations.
Beach Camp offers more of a conference experience that meets the needs of a summer retreat. In the afternoon, your group is free to plan and enjoy the beach and other activities. You are in control of your own meals. You can also arrange your own accommodations, or Student Life can arrange housing in condos or hotels for you. Programming includes a morning and evening service and materials for Life Group Bible Study. Rec Camp is usually held on a college campus or conference center where the meals are provided. At Rec Camp, Student Life staff coordinates organized Recreation during the day, which Life Groups participate in together.
It is up to each church. If they are normally a part of your group, they are welcome at any Student Life event. Our events are designed for students entering 7th grade up until entering college. Programming is not designed to accommodate students younger than this. If your group is younger, you may want to check out Student Life For Kids Camp.
A Life Group is about 8-10 students coming together under the leadership of an adult leaders from your church. Your volunteers lead these groups so they can continue to disciple and invest in your students' spiritual growth back home. A Life Group's purpose is to learn about Jesus through Bible study, prayer and group-bonding activities.
We request one adult for every seven students.
Many adult leaders will be asked to serve as Adult Life Group Leaders. Student Life provides Bible Study materials 5-6 weeks before camp to allow adequate preparation time. Adult Life Group Leaders serve as a motivator and encourager during Recreation and lead the Bible Study for their Life Group. There is a Life Group Leadership Meeting each morning for Life Group Leaders and Student Leaders to pray and focus on the theme for each day.
Student Life camps are designed to free Student Pastors from a lot of responsibility so that they can spend time building relationships with their students. Each evening there will be a Student Pastor Gathering one hour before the worship service for prayer and fellowship. This meeting takes place while the students are in their evening Prayer Gatherings with their Life Groups. For this reason, it is best for Student Pastors not to serve as Life Group Leaders. We believe that this is an extremely important aspect of Student Life Camp.
No. Student Life is an inter-denominational, evangelical ministry serving the local church. Feel free to contact us if you would like a list of church references.
We have numerous goals for our events, but ultimately, our goals involve life change happening in students, adults and us. In Scripture, every time someone spent time with Jesus, he or she went away changed. We hope each person leaves this experience changed. Not because of technical effects, entertaining dramas, challenging recreation or even meeting new people, but because we have been with Jesus.
The price difference covers numerous expenses including the cost of the materials and equipment used on sites, trailers, vehicles and all the expenses related to the Student Life staff on the road and in the home office that facilitate these projects.
YES! You can always register for camp (as long as space is available for a particular location). We ask that you try to get your deposit in as quickly as possible, preferably within two weeks of registration.
- Send payment by check to Student Life, 1 LifeWay Plaza, Nashville, TN 37234.
- Pay by credit card (Visa, AmericanExpress, Discover and MasterCard) by calling Student Life at 800.718.2267.
- Deadline for $60-per-person deposit required to secure your space at camp.
- Deposits made after January 31 will confirm reservations for your students at $10 per person more than the standard price.
- Groups canceling after this date will NOT be refunded their deposit.
- You can still register for camp after January 31. Deposits made after this date will confirm reservations for your students at $10 per person more than the published price.
- If numbers are lowered before this date, the deposit can be transferred to your church's camp balance but will not be refunded.
- If numbers are lowered after this date, all deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to your camp balance.
15 DAYS BEFORE CAMP (35 DAYS BEFORE BEACH/SMOKY MOUNTAINS)
- Final balance, M/F Breakdown, and the Church Agreement are due.
- Your final balance and number of males and females are due in the Student Life office no later than 15 days before Student Life Rec Camp begins.
- Scanned participant forms are due. You will receive an email with instructions on how to email these to your specialist.
- Groups with balances that are 60 days or more past due may be subject to a late fee. The late fee will be 0.83% per month (10%) annually. The minimum late fee will be $10.
SECURING SPACE FOR YOUR GROUP
- Securing reservations is as simple as filling out the online Registration Form or calling our office at 800.718.2267.
- After you have registered, we will send you a confirmation letter and promotional packet that will help get your students excited about camp.
- Deposits are not required to secure space for your group until January 31.
- Student Life makes and fulfills commitments to locations and vendors based on your committed number. Please inform us as soon as possible if your plans change.
- Deposits of $60 per person are due January 31. Deposits made by January 31 will secure space at the published price for the week of camp you choose to attend.
- Deposits made after January 31 will confirm reservations for your students at $10 per person more than the published price.
- Housing priority is determined by the date your deposit is received.
- Reservations will still be held without a deposit after January 31. However, priority will be given to groups with paid deposits.
CANCELLATIONS AND DECREASING YOUR NUMBERS
- Deposits are non-refundable for cancellations after January 31, but can be transferred to your final balance until April 1.
- Deposits are non-transferable to your final balance if you decrease your number after April 1.
- An official registration number will be established for your group 15 days before Student Life Camp begins (35 days for Beach/Smoky Mountains). We will use your official registration number to calculate your final balance because of our commitments to camp locations.
- If you decrease your number or cancel inside 15 days before your event begins (35 days for Beach/Smoky Mountains), you will be responsible for the full balance. All FINAL BALANCE money is non-refundable and non-transferable inside 15 days of the event (35 days for Beach/Smoky Mountains). We regret that we cannot refund or transfer your payment after this time.
- Your Final Balance is due in the Student Life office no later than 15 days before your camp begins (35 days for Beach/Smoky Mountain).
- An official registration number will be established for your group 15 days before your camp begins (35 days for Beach/Smoky Mountains). We will use your official registration number to make commitments to the camp locations and to calculate your final balance.
- Groups with balances that are 60 days or more past due may be subject to a late fee. The late fee will be 0.83% per month (10%) annually. The minimum late fee will be $10. We will send communications prior to your event that will clearly indicate the specific date your information is due.
- All FINAL BALANCE money is non-refundable and non-transferable after 15 days before camp (35 days for Beach/Smoky Mountains). We regret that we cannot refund or transfer your payment after this time.
NATIONAL DISASTER CANCELLATION POLICY
Since Student Life began, we have always followed through with hosting planned events. We are committed to continue to do so. However, in these uncertain times post-9/11, a national disaster or act of terror could render us both unable to host a planned event and unable to return your deposits. We hire staff, purchase equipment, and rent non-refundable facilities based on your reservations. Please be advised that if a Student Life event is cancelled due to such extraordinary circumstances, we cannot refund your deposits regardless of other published cancellation dates and deadlines.
WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY
Student Life has your group's safety in mind as we host events. If an event is hosted as scheduled and your group cancels or reduces numbers due to weather conditions, all payments are non-refundable. If we are unable to host an event due to weather conditions, deposits cannot be refunded. Refunds of final balance payments will be made only if properties or locations refund Student Life for these costs.