ADVENTURE. GO-KARTS. FUDGE. Retreat with your group to the beauty of the Smoky Mountains and experience Student Life Camp. Biblical teaching, energetic worship, and Bible study are designed to help your group connect with each other and grow closer to God...and did we mention the fudge?Watch the Video
|6:15||Student Pastor Gathering|
|To Follow||Life Group Bible Study|
|7:30||Breakfast & Quiet Time|
|9:00||Life Group Leader Meeting|
|11:00-1:00||Lunch / Life Group Bible Study|
|6:15||Student Pastor Gathering|
|To Follow||Church Group Gathering|
|7:00||Breakfast & Quiet Time|
|8:00||Check Out of Rooms|
*On Wednesday night, a special concert with Gawvi will begin 10 minutes after Worship.
Churches provide meals (unless using pre-selected meal plan) and transportation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Student Life in the Smokies is a Christ-centered conference-style camp for 7th-12th graders. It includes engaging worship from experienced worship leaders, learning through sound Biblical teaching and Bible study, community in Life Groups, and free time to explore the Smoky Mountains and greater Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area. It's a week of focused learning, heartfelt praise, dramas, community building, and most importantly, God's Word on center stage.
We design Student Life Events to support the men and women who are called to lead teenagers every week. Our Ministry Event is just one week of the spiritual journey. We believe in the relationships built in the local church, and we strive to partner with the local church.
We have numerous goals for our events, but ultimately, our goals involve life change happening in students, adults and us. In Scripture, every time someone spent time with Jesus, he or she went away changed. We hope each person leaves this experience changed. Not because of technical effects, entertaining dramas or even meeting new people, but because we have been with Jesus.
No. Student Life is an inter-denominational, evangelical ministry serving the local church. Feel free to contact us if you would like a list of church references.
The cost per person includes all programming in the worship center, a camp t-shirt, Bible study material, free parking at the convention center, 4 nights lodging (max occupancy) if selected and meals if selected during registration.
It goes back to the philosophy of supporting the local church. We believe it's important for adults from the local church to be involved in what happens at Smokies Camp. After all, they go home with the students. Their leadership during the week builds friendships, accountability and connection that travel on the ride home with the students. We also believe that in order for a small group to work it needs to be small. We believe the ideal size for a Bible study group is 8-10. This size facilitates good discussion and allows students to feel comfortable.
A Life Group is about 8-10 students coming together under the leadership of an adult leaders from your church. Your volunteers lead these groups so they can continue to disciple and invest in your students' spiritual growth back home. A Life Group's purpose is to learn about Jesus through Bible study, prayer and group-bonding activities.
Student Life does not organize a specified time or location for Life Groups during Student Life Beach Camps. However, we will provide the curriculum to you ahead of time. We have found that students love Life Group time. Feel free to decide when and where your Life Groups will take place.
Student Life is designed for Student Pastors to be free of a lot of responsibility. This is so they can be available to spend time building relationships with their students. Each evening there will be a Student Pastor Gathering before Worship. This meeting takes place while your students are getting seated in the Worship Center.
One adult for every five students is requested for our camps where hotels and condos are used as our lodging accommodations. Condominiums REQUIRE a minimum of 1 adult (23 or older) for each condo. The majority of our condos sleep six people, please plan accordingly.
Many adult leaders serve as Life Group Leaders. Bible Study materials will be available online to allow adequate time to prepare. Adults also serve as motivators and encouragers while helping you chaperone your group.
It is up to each church. If they are normally a part of your group, they are welcome at any Student Life event. Our events are designed for students entering 7th grade up until entering college. Programming is not designed to accommodate students younger than this. If your group is younger, you may want to check out Student Life For Kids Camp.
Check the location information (click on the city name) to learn more about the various accommodations. Rooms/condos will be assigned based the rooming list that you submit 35 days prior to arrival.
The cost per person is based on max occupancy* in each room/condo. The need for additional rooms for any purpose (ie. Safe Sanctuary, storage, family, etc.) is subject to availability and there will be an additional charge. Please contact our office for rates.
Room types are not guaranteed and pictures on our website represent room types we will be using (we do not have every room type on a hotel's website). We recommend researching the hotel or condo on your own through websites like TripAdvisor and Oyster.
*We account for two people in the following bed types: king, queen, full and sleeper sofa beds. For example, a hotel room with two double beds will sleep four people. A condo with a king, queen and sleeper sofa can sleep six people. Discounts are not given to individuals using rollaways, cots or air-mattresses.
**Property selection cannot change after your 35 day out deadline. Groups that have not paid their deposit by Jan 31 and/or final balance 35 days prior may be moved to a Program Only registration.
This answer depends on each property; those with an efficiency, kitchenette or full kitchen have a basic supply of cooking and serviceware. If you have any concerns, we recommend bringing some extras from home. It is also a good idea to bring extra trash bags, paper towels, plates, plasticware and napkins. Please be sure to mark your items so you can return home with them and not be charged for missing items in the condo/room.
Our hotels understand the importance for each group to have a kitchen to cook out of where kitchens, kitchenettes or efficiencies exist. We work hard with our hotels to be able to give each group at least one room with a kitchen to prepare meals. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee how many kitchens your group will have. For properties that have "some" kitchens, please mark the individuals on your rooming list that you'd like to stay in a room with a kitchen.
If someone in your group needs a handicap accessible room, your best housing option will be to stay at one of the hotel options and let us know as soon as possible so we can make a request with the hotel. Most condos are are not equipped for handicap accessibility. Please contact our office if you have questions.
At Student Life in the Smokies, we have the option of adding on a 7 meal or 10 meal plan available.
The 7 meal plan will include dinner on Monday; lunch and dinner on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (breakfasts are not included).
The 10 meal plan includes dinner on Monday; breakfast, lunch and dinner on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (breakfast not included Friday)
Yes. Depending on your lodging, you may have to drive to the worship center, and if you want to enjoy any local activities, your group will need their own means of transportation.
If your bus driver is one of your adults, they will be housed within the assigned lodging of your group.
In the event that the bus driver is not a part of the group and needs his own room, please make lodging arrangements for them at a local hotel.
Please note that many of the Condos can not accommodate a bus in their parking lot. You may park buses/trailers at the Worship center & we recommend bringing another vehicle for emergencies and to help transport the bus driver if needed.
This location offers a wide variety of activities. Your group can enjoy area attractions such as: the aquarium, outdoor adventure parks with zip lines & more, arcades, water parks, miniature golf, museums, trampoline parks, white water rafting, shopping and a safari park, just to name a few options.
YES! You can always register for camp (as long as space is available for a particular location). We ask that you try to get your deposit in as quickly as possible, preferably within two weeks of registration.
- Send payment by check to Student Life, 1 LifeWay Plaza, Nashville, TN 37234.
- Pay by credit card (Visa, AmericanExpress, Discover and MasterCard) by calling Student Life at 800.718.2267.
- Deadline for $60-per-person deposit required to secure your space at camp.
- Deposits made after January 31 will confirm reservations for your students at $10 per person more than the standard price.
- Groups canceling after this date will NOT be refunded their deposit.
- You can still register for camp after January 31. Deposits made after this date will confirm reservations for your students at $10 per person more than the published price.
- If numbers are lowered before this date, the deposit can be transferred to your church's camp balance but will not be refunded.
- If numbers are lowered after this date, all deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to your camp balance.
12 DAYS BEFORE CAMP (35 DAYS BEFORE BEACH/SMOKY MOUNTAINS)
- Final balance, Rooming List, Group Leader Agreement and Statement of Compliance are due.
- Scanned waivers are due. You will receive a link to a folder via email where you will deposit your forms.
- All final balance money is non-refundable and non-transferable after this date.
- Groups with balances that are 60 days or more past due may be subject to a late fee. The late fee will be 0.83% per month (10%) annually. The minimum late fee will be $10
SECURING SPACE FOR YOUR GROUP
- Securing reservations is as simple as filling out the online Registration Form or calling our office at 800.718.2267.
- After you have registered, we will send you a confirmation letter and promotional packet that will help get your students excited about camp.
- Deposits are not required to secure space for your group until January 31.
- Student Life makes and fulfills commitments to locations and vendors based on your committed number. Please inform us as soon as possible if your plans change.
- Deposits of $60 per person are due January 31. Deposits made by January 31 will secure space at the published price for the week of camp you choose to attend.
- Deposits made after January 31 will confirm reservations for your students at $10 per person more than the published price.
- Housing priority is determined by the date your deposit is received.
- Reservations will still be held without a deposit after January 31. However, priority will be given to groups with paid deposits.
CANCELLATIONS AND DECREASING YOUR NUMBERS
- Deposits are non-refundable for cancellations after January 31, but can be transferred to your final balance until April 1.
- Deposits are non-transferable to your final balance if you decrease your number after April 1.
- An official registration number will be established for your group 12 days before Student Life Camp begins (35 days for Beach/Smoky Mountains). We will use your official registration number to calculate your final balance because of our commitments to camp locations.
- If you decrease your number or cancel inside 12 days before your event begins (35 days for Beach/Smoky Mountains), you will be responsible for the full balance. All FINAL BALANCE money is non-refundable and non-transferable inside 12 days of the event (35 days for Beach/Smoky Mountains). We regret that we cannot refund or transfer your payment after this time.
- Your Final Balance is due in the Student Life office no later than 12 days before your camp begins (35 days for Beach/Smoky Mountain).
- An official registration number will be established for your group 12 days before your camp begins (35 days for Beach/Smoky Mountains). We will use your official registration number to make commitments to the camp locations and to calculate your final balance.
- Groups with balances that are 60 days or more past due may be subject to a late fee. The late fee will be 0.83% per month (10%) annually. The minimum late fee will be $10. We will send communications prior to your event that will clearly indicate the specific date your information is due.
- All FINAL BALANCE money is non-refundable and non-transferable after 12 days before camp (35 days for Beach/Smoky Mountains). We regret that we cannot refund or transfer your payment after this time.
NATIONAL DISASTER CANCELLATION POLICY
Since Student Life began, we have always followed through with hosting planned events. We are committed to continue to do so. However, in these uncertain times post-9/11, a national disaster or act of terror could render us both unable to host a planned event and unable to return your deposits. We hire staff, purchase equipment, and rent non-refundable facilities based on your reservations. Please be advised that if a Student Life event is cancelled due to such extraordinary circumstances, we cannot refund your deposits regardless of other published cancellation dates and deadlines.
WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY
Student Life has your group's safety in mind as we host events. If an event is hosted as scheduled and your group cancels or reduces numbers due to weather conditions, all payments are non-refundable. If we are unable to host an event due to weather conditions, deposits cannot be refunded. Refunds of final balance payments will be made only if properties or locations refund Student Life for these costs.