Fort Lewis College
Student Life Camp at Fort Lewis College is a life-changing experience set against the most beautiful backdrop imaginable. The school’s nickname, Colorado’s “Campus in the Sky,” is largely because of its lofty location in the beautiful San Juan Mountains. With beautiful, temperate weather and mountainous landscape, the campus seems to sit high above the rest of the world. For a Student Life camper, that means the right environment for focusing on God and having fun with friends in a week-long Christ-centered camp. The visually pleasing sandstone architecture reflects the cultural impact of the native Pueblo Indians, whose centuries-old towns give the region a unique historical quality not found at many other camp locations.
Denver – 350 miles; Albuquerque, NM – 200 miles; Phoenix, AZ – 450 miles and Pueblo – 270 miles.
Please click here for directions to Fort Lewis College.
1000 Rim Drive
Durango, CO 81301
Worship is held in the Whalen Gymnasium, home to men’s basketball games. It’s a nice, comfortable facility that makes for a great place to worship.
Guys: 2 or 3 per room in double rooms or double suite rooms; semi-private or community bathrooms
Girls: 2 or 3 per room in double rooms or double suite rooms; semi-private or community bathrooms
Note: Housing priority is based on date deposits are received in the Student Life office.
The food is served cafeteria style with a salad bar and dessert bar available. Fort Lewis provides multiple options for each meal and a gluten-free line to help accommodate food allergies. There is a second cafeteria that serves the same food right below the main cafeteria. The café also sells snacks at night after evening worship.
Free Time Options – Basketball, racquetball, pool, indoor volleyball, hiking trails, climbing wall, coffee shop*
*Requires additional fee
- 4 Corners Whitewater Rafting 970.259.8272
- Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Trail Tours 800.567.6745
- Durango Rivertrippers Rafting 970.259.0289
- Flexible Flyers Rafting 970.247.4628
- Mountain Waters Rafting 970.259.4191
- Silverton Railroad 877-TRAIN-07
- Mesa Verde Tours 970.247.4789
- Jeep Trail Tours 970.247.4789
- Feel free to enjoy area attractions on your way to or from camp. If you would like to enjoy some of these options, as well as others, during the camp week, see our Church Connect Camp Option.
Staff Favorites of Fort Lewis College
- Serious Texas BBQ
- Hiking in Silverton
- Downtown Durango
- Snack shop in the cafeteria after Worship